The position is within the Process Development department that currently consists of 5 scientists and 5 technicians.
In Process Development we work on advancing our candidate therapeutics through pre-clinical and clinical development. As Senior Downstream Scientist you will be responsible for process development of our manufacturing processes within our development platform. This includes inhouse process development as well as technical transfer and oversight of outsourced activities. You will take the scientific lead for defined projects and contribute to the development strategy of our antibody products.
In this position, it is possible for the candidate to participate in defining the late stage development platform and collaborate closely with staff from our CMC group and with the project team, to drive development progress of Symphogen’s antibody lead candidates.
The successful candidate will join our project-driven organization and will work in cross-functionally with colleagues from other departments with the common goal of advancing Symphogen’s antibody products.
- Relevant education as cand.pharm, cand.scient. cand.polyt or equivalent
- +5 years’ experience with hands on development of downstream biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes
- Experience with GMP manufacturing and process validation of biopharmaceutical products
- Experience with regulatory registration documentation
- Flexible, highly motivated, team player with commitment, initiative and humor
- Strong coordination and communication skills
- Experience with CMO/CRO collaborations
- Experience with development of bispecific antibodies
- Structured and data-oriented, e.g. using DoE in development
- Experience with virus clearance validation
- Project coordination skills
- A challenging and versatile job in an innovative, flexible, focused and committed environment
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Compensation package including a personalized and company-wide bonus system, flexible working hours and an inspiring working environment
Working in Symphogen
When being part of Symphogen you will always have a challenging job in a creative, goal-oriented, value-based biotech environment with a meaningful mission. You will have good development opportunities, in an inspiring organization with focus on diversity, teamwork, commitment and you as a person.
For further information
For more information you are welcome to contact Pernille Stigsnæs, Director of Process Development on: firstname.lastname@example.org/+45 2179 8771 or HR Manager, Pia Holm Olesen at +45 4526 5050. Please also see www.symphogen.com for information about our company.
If you are interested in the position, please mark your application and CV “Senior Downstream Scientist” and mail it to: email@example.com no later than September 20th, 2020. Potential candidates will be invited for interview as they apply, and we reserve the right to terminate before the posting expires.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Symphogen is a subsidiary of Servier and antibody center of excellence primarily focused on oncology and immune oncology. We have a highly efficient antibody discovery and research platform supported by comprehensive early development capabilities.
Our antibody platform delivers antibodies with unique functionalities providing best or first in class potential as combination or mono therapy. Our approach and capabilities are well suited for combination therapies at the core of future cancer treatment.
Symphogen is located in Ballerup in the greater Copenhagen area. The company currently employs approximately 100 people