One of our colleagues is going on maternity leave and Symphogen is therefore seeking a highly motivated and experienced Scientist or Senior Scientist for a 1-year temporary position. The position is in the Target Biology & Assay team and the team currently employ 4 scientists and 4 technicians. The ideal candidate holds a PhD in immuno-oncology, immunology, cancer biology or other relevant discipline and has at least five years of experience within these areas with a track record of high-quality research.
As part of the Target Biology & Assay team, you will be responsible for designing and setting up in vitro functional assays and mechanistic assays for screening of various antibody repertoires. Day to day tasks include planning, generation, discussion and presentation of results together with a motivated and skilled laboratory technician. However, some hands-on laboratory work is to be expected. You will ensure proper documentation of results and knowledge sharing within the department and in project teams.
As a member of TB Team, you will collaborate closely with scientists from other departments including Antibody Technology, Antibody Screening, and In Vivo Pharmacology to ensure successful identification and selection of lead candidates.
- You have strong knowledge of the adaptive and/or innate immune system and their functions in the tumor microenvironment
- You have experience with and understanding of common immunology technologies such as multicolor flow cytometry, cytokine ELISA and cell-based assays using human primary material
- Experience from the pharmaceutical/biotech industry is an advantage but not required
- You have a high degree of drive and pro-activeness and additionally we expect you to be flexible and adjust quickly to new tasks and situations in a changing highly competitive project driven Biotech environment
- You are a strong communicator and fluent in English
- You are a team player, goal oriented and have an innovative mindset, which allows you to put forth new ideas and make them practical
- A challenging and versatile job in an innovative, flexible, focused and committed biotech environment
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
Working in Symphogen
When being a part of Symphogen you will always have a challenging job in a creative, goal-oriented, value-based biotech environment with a meaningful mission. You will be a part of a highly engaged organization with a passion of being the worldwide leading recombinant polyclonal antibody company.
You will have good development opportunities, in an organization that is inspiring and growing, with focus on diversity, teamwork, commitment and you as a person.
For further information
You are more than welcome to contact Trine Lindsted, Team Manager of Target Biology & Assay (firstname.lastname@example.org) or HR-Manager, Pia Holm Olesen at +45 45265050. Please also see www.symphogen.com for information about our company.
If you are interested in the position, please mark your application and CV “Temporary Scientist – IO” and mail it to: email@example.com no later than Monday September 21st 2020. Potential candidates will be invited for interview as they apply, and we reserve the right to terminate before the posting expires.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Symphogen is a subsidiary of Servier and antibody center of excellence primarily focused on oncology and immune oncology. We have a highly efficient antibody discovery and research platform supported by comprehensive early development capabilities.
Our antibody platform delivers antibodies with unique functionalities providing best or first in class potential as combination or mono therapy. Our approach and capabilities are well suited for combination therapies at the core of future cancer treatment.
Symphogen is located in Ballerup in the greater Copenhagen area. The company currently employs approximately 100 people