One of our colleagues is going on maternity leave and Symphogen is therefore seeking a highly motivated and experienced Scientist or Senior Scientist for a 1-year temporary position. The position is in the Target Biology & Assay team and the team currently employ 4 scientists and 5 technicians.
As part of the Target Biology & Assay team, you will lead and participate in activities related to in vitro selection of antibody lead candidates within our immuno-oncology and immuno-inflammation project portfolio. You will participate in the experimental aspects of biologic drug development with responsibility for designing and implementing in vitro immune cell-based assays for screening of antibody repertoires and identification of antibody drug candidates. Day to day tasks include planning, discussion, and presentation of results together with a motivated and skilled laboratory technician. However, some hands-on laboratory work is to be expected. You will ensure proper documentation of results and knowledge sharing within the department and in project teams.
As a member of TB Team, you will collaborate closely with scientists from other departments including Antibody Technology, Antibody Screening, and In Vivo Pharmacology to ensure successful identification and selection of lead candidates.
- PhD in immuno-oncology, immunology, cancer biology or other relevant discipline with a track record of high-quality research within these areas
- Strong knowledge of the adaptive and/or innate immune system and their functions in the tumor microenvironment
- Hands-on experience with immune cell-based in vitro assays such as MLRs, ADCC, CTL cytotoxicity, antigen recall or suppression assays
- Experience from the pharmaceutical/biotech industry is an advantage but not required
- You have a high degree of drive and pro-activeness and additionally we expect you to be flexible and adjust quickly to new tasks and situations in a changing highly competitive project driven Biotech environment
- Strong communication and language skills, written and verbal (Danish/English)
- Self-driven, highly motivated, team player with commitment, initiative, and humor
- A challenging and versatile job in an innovative, flexible, focused and committed biotech environment
- Competitive salary based on qualifications, and flexible working hours
- Strong cross functional teamwork, room for individual performance and development, passionate, inspiring, and fun colleagues
Working in Symphogen
Being part of Symphogen, you will always have a challenging job in a creative, goal-oriented, and value-based environment with a meaningful mission – to advance superior mAb therapeutics to improve the lives of cancer patients. You will be a part of a highly engaged and inspiring organization with focus on diversity, teamwork, commitment – and on you as a person.
You will have good development opportunities, in an organization that is inspiring and growing, with focus on diversity, teamwork, commitment, and you as a person – and a relevant benefit package.
For further information
You are more than welcome to contact Trine Lindsted, Team Manager of Target Biology & Assay (firstname.lastname@example.org) or HR-Manager, Pia Holm Olesen at +45 45265050. Please also see www.symphogen.com for information about our company.
If you are interested in the position, please mark your application and CV “Temporary Scientist – IO” and mail it to: email@example.com no later than March 23rd, 2021. Potential candidates will be invited for interview as they apply, and we reserve the right to terminate before the posting expires.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Symphogen is a subsidiary of Servier and antibody center of excellence primarily focused on oncology and immune oncology. We have a highly efficient antibody discovery and research platform supported by comprehensive early development capabilities.
Our antibody platform delivers antibodies with unique functionalities providing best or first in class potential as combination or mono therapy. Our approach and capabilities are well suited for combination therapies at the core of future cancer treatment.
Symphogen is located in Ballerup in the greater Copenhagen area. The company currently employs approximately 100 people