Senior or Principal Research Scientist – Immunology
Symphogen A/S is facing an exciting and challenging period of growth, which offers the right job applicants great opportunities to influence job content and develop additional skills. Department of Cancer Biology and Immunology is responsible for target biology, in vitro lead selection and mechanism of action studies during discovery and early pre-clinical stages of projects.
To help us reach our mission we are looking for experienced and motivated candidates to the following position:
Senior or Principal Research Scientist – Immunology
To strengthen our competencies within immunology, Symphogen seeks a highly motivated and experienced Senior or Principal Scientist. The ideal candidate holds a PhD in immunology or preferably tumor immunology and has at least five years of experience within these areas with a track record of high quality research.
As part of the Department of Cancer Biology and Immunology (CBI), you will be responsible for designing and setting up in vitro functional assays and mechanistic assays for screening of various antibody repertoires. Day to day tasks include planning, generation, discussion and presentation of results together with a motivated and skilled laboratory technician. However, some hands on laboratory work is to be expected. You will ensure proper documentation of results and knowledge sharing within the department and in project teams. You will also be involved in target evaluation and new target proposals.
As a member of CBI, you will collaborate closely with scientists from other departments including Antibody Discovery and Preclinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, to ensure successful identification and selection of lead candidates.
- You have strong knowledge of the adaptive and/or innate immune system and their functions in the tumor microenvironment
- You have extensive experience and understanding of common immunology technologies such as multicolor flow cytometry, cytokine ELISA, and cell based assays using human or rodent primary material
- Experience with tumor cell – immune cell co-culture assays
- Experience from the pharmaceutical/biotech industry is an advantage but not required
- You have a high degree of drive and pro-activeness and additionally we expect you to be flexible and adjust quickly to new tasks and situations in a changing highly competitive project driven Biotech environment
- You are a strong communicator and fluent in English
- You are a team player, goal oriented and have an innovative mindset, which allows you to put forth new ideas and make them practical
- A challenging and versatile job in an innovative, flexible, focused and committed biotech environment
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Employment package including a personalized and company-wide bonus system, warrants, flexible working hours and an inspiring working environment
Working in Symphogen
When being a part of Symphogen you will always have a challenging job in a creative, goal-oriented, value-based biotech environment with a meaningful mission. You will be a part of a highly engaged organization with a passion of being the worldwide leading recombinant polyclonal antibody company.
You will have good development opportunities, in an organization that is inspiring and growing, with focus on diversity, teamwork, commitment and you as a person.
For further information
You are more than welcome to contact Mikkel Wandahl Pedersen, Director of Cancer Biology and Immunology (firstname.lastname@example.org) or HR Coordinator, Pia Holm Olesen at +45 4526 5050. Please also see www.symphogen.com for information about our company.
If you are interested in the position, please mark your application and CV "Principal Scientist - IO" and mail it to: email@example.com no later than Monday September 18th 2017. Potential candidates will be invited for interview as they apply and we reserve the right to terminate before the posting expires.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Antibody therapeutics is currently the fastest growing business in the pharmaceutical industry. Following the historical success of monoclonal antibodies, Symphogen is striving to develop and commercialize superior antibody mixtures based on the diversity of the natural human immune system by use of Symphogen's proprietary technology suite. Symphogen A/S has built an innovative oncology pipeline consisting of mAbs and mAb mixtures, and performs activities from early discovery to mid-stage clinical development, which translates into new and challenging opportunities for our organization and employees. Symphogen is located in Ballerup in the greater Copenhagen area. The company currently employs approximately 110+ people.
Developing symphonies of antibodies require an orchestrated mix of scientific disciplines. Symphogen is fortunate to employ a dynamic team of hardworking, passionate scientists and professionals committed to advancing the frontier of antibody therapeutics.
We offer a professionally challenging working environment to candidates with the right skill set within antibody immunotherapy, molecular biology, antibody discovery, and protein expression. Preferred applicants for scientific positions should hold a minimum of three years post-doctoral research experience within oncology.
Should you possess such skills, we invite you to join a vibrant discovery and development culture that strives for excellence and innovation for pioneering achievements in the world of antibody mixtures.
We encourage qualified candidates to send their CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.