Symphogen now offers a unique Post. Doc. position at the Antibody Center of Excellence with cutting edge antibody technologies to help find the best antibody lead candidates, bring them into clinic and finally improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Symphogen has optimized labs and state of the art equipment for antibody discovery and development. You will have passionate colleagues who encourage open dialogues, agility, empowerment, and fun.
The main objective for you will be to explore, refine and develop expression vectors, clone selection and screening procedures tailored for Symphogens bispecific antibody (BsAb) products.
The candidate will have thorough practical skills in mammalian cell cultivation, characterization of recombinant systems and experience with vector optimization for expression of recombinant proteins.
The work will be conducted in a cross functional team consisting of highly skilled colleagues within vector design, cell line development, process development and antibody characterization.
The position requires solid scientific expertise, attention to detail and the ability to work in a team-oriented culture where knowledge sharing and idea generation with peers is key for advancing next generation antibody therapeutics.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to lead key activities to progress your career including some of the following:
- Deliver scientific impact within design and execution of novel workflows for cell line development.
- Work effectively and goal oriented in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Communication results in a clear and effective manner to colleagues and management.
- Coordinate activities within a cross-functional team.
- Be part of an expanding community of experts in cell culture and antibody therapeutics for the benefit of patients.
- A Ph.D. degree in cloning and expression of recombinant mammalian proteins or other related biological science.
- Molecular biology experience with e.g., vector construction and Q-PCR technologies.
- Solid cell culture wet lab skills, including cultivation of mammalian cells, stable expression and single cell cloning and characterization.
- Hands-on experience with techniques for characterization of cells using flow cytometry.
- Detail oriented with proven ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Ability to evaluate data critically.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as exemplified in public presentations and publications.
- Prior experience with controlled expression of BsAb’s in mammalian expression systems.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications, and flexible working hours.
- Strong cross functional teamwork, room for individual performance and development, and passionate, inspiring, and fun colleagues.
Working in Symphogen
Being part of Symphogen, you will always have a challenging job in a creative, goal-oriented, and value-based environment with a meaningful mission – to advance superior mAb therapeutics to improve the lives of patients. You will be a part of a highly engaged and inspiring organization with a focus on diversity, teamwork, commitment – and on you as a person. You will be offered good development opportunities and a relevant benefit package.
Domicile: Ballerup, Copenhagen
This is a 2-year temporary position.
For further information you are welcome to contact Søren Kofoed Rasmussen, Scientific Director, Drug Substance Development, on +45 2478 7563 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or HR-Manager, Pia Holm Olesen on +45 4526 5050. Please also see www.symphogen.com for information about our company.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please mark your application and CV “Postdoc, BsAb CLD” and mail it to: email@example.com no later than September 24th, 2023.
Potential candidates will be invited for interview as they apply, and we reserve the right to terminate before the posting expires. All applications must be in English and are treated confidentially.
Symphogen is a subsidiary of Servier and antibody center of excellence primarily focused on oncology and immune oncology. We have a highly efficient antibody discovery and research platform supported by comprehensive early development capabilities.
Our antibody platform delivers antibodies with unique functionalities providing best or first in class potential as combination or mono therapy. Our approach and capabilities are well suited for combination therapies at the core of future cancer treatment.
Symphogen is located in Ballerup in the greater Copenhagen area. The company currently employs approximately 150 people