Symphogen A/S has entered an exciting phase as an Antibody Center of Excellence for Servier, with a continued focus on the discovery and early development of novel antibody-based therapeutic products for the treatment of cancer and other diseases.
The main objective for you will be to optimize and implement faster and more efficient isolation of therapeutic relevant antibodies, by integrating screening of single IgG secreting B cells or memory B cells with microfluidic workflows.
The preferred candidate will be able to combine exemplary benchwork with the ability to analyze complex data sets from established bioinformatic single cell sequencing workflows and translate these into robust assays that allow upfront selection of B cells for antibody cloning. The candidate will have thorough practical immunology skills in isolation and characterization of live immune cell subsets (preferably B cells), by showing proficiency within e.g., immunomagnetic enrichment approaches, in vitro immune cell culture and ELISPOT analysis.
The work will be conducted in a cross functional focus team together with other scientists, that are highly skilled in antibody workflows.
The position requires solid scientific expertise, attention to detail and the ability to work in a team-oriented culture where knowledge sharing and idea generation with peers is key for advancing next generation antibody therapeutics.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to lead key activities to progress your career including some of the following:
- Deliver scientific impact within design and execution of novel workflows for antibody discovery
- Work effectively and goal oriented in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Communicate results in a clear and effective manner to colleagues and management
- Coordinate activities within a focus group
- Be part of an expanding community of antibody experts delivering therapeutic innovation of the benefit of patients
- A Ph.D. degree in immunology or other related biological science
- Solid immunology wet lab skills, including culturing of primary immune cells, isolation, and characterization of single immune cell subsets
- Molecular biology experience with e.g., primer / vector design, subcloning and transient expression
- Detail oriented with proven ability to troubleshoot complex problems with diverse variables
- Ability to evaluate data critically and independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as exemplified from public presentations and publications.
- Role model with ability to act as a scientific trendsetter as exemplified from publications or patent applications
- Candidates with one or more of the following skills are highly appreciated
- Prior experience establishing and validating antibody-based functional assays and characterization processes
- Prior experience working with B cell cultures and characterization (e.g. ELISPOT analysis)
- Experience with Single cell sequencing bioinformatic workflows
- Experience working with next generation sequencing analysis (NGS) and sequence annotation
- Competitive salary based on qualifications, and flexible working hours
- Strong cross functional teamwork, room for individual performance and development, and passionate, inspiring, and fun colleagues
Working in Symphogen
Being part of Symphogen, you will always have a challenging job in a creative, goal-oriented, and value-based environment with a meaningful mission – to advance superior mAb therapeutics to improve the lives of patients. You will be a part of a highly engaged and inspiring organization with focus on diversity, teamwork, commitment – and on you as a person. You will be offered good development opportunities and a relevant benefit package.
Domicile: Ballerup, Copenhagen
This is a 3-year temporary position.
For further information contact Klaus Koefoed, Director of Antibody Technology, on +45 21656735 (email@example.com) or HR-Manager, Pia Holm Olesen at +45 45265050. Please also see www.symphogen.com for information about our company.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please mark your application and CV “Postdoc, B cell selection” and mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 1’st, 2022. Potential candidates will be invited for interview as they apply, and we reserve the right to terminate before the posting expires. All applications must be in English and are treated confidentially.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Symphogen is a subsidiary of Servier and antibody center of excellence primarily focused on oncology and immune oncology. We have a highly efficient antibody discovery and research platform supported by comprehensive early development capabilities.
Our antibody platform delivers antibodies with unique functionalities providing best or first in class potential as combination or mono therapy. Our approach and capabilities are well suited for combination therapies at the core of future cancer treatment.
Symphogen is located in Ballerup in the greater Copenhagen area. The company currently employs approximately 120 people