Symphogen has entered an exciting phase as an Antibody Center of Excellence for Servier with a continued focus on the discovery and early development of novel antibody-based therapeutic products for the treatment of cancer and other diseases. To help Symphogen on this mission the Antibody Technology team has a unique new opening for a creative and motivated Senior Scientist to support them in their efforts to discover and develop the next generation of antibody-based drug candidates.
The main objective for you will be to innovate molecular biology processes for recombinant antibody repertoire cloning and engineering using the human antibody transgenic animals and high throughput single B cell cloning workflows. This is a position that requires solid scientific expertise, attention to detail, and the ability to work in a team-oriented culture, where knowledge sharing and idea generation with peers are key for advancing next-generation antibody therapeutics.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Support ongoing and future antibody discovery campaigns
- Collaborate on antibody lead selection by correlating NGS sequences with functional activity and protein quality data
- Participate in the design and evaluation of novel procedures for single-cell sequencing
- Monitor progress on novel antibody formats and emerging antibody technologies
- Collaborate with scientists and technicians in Antibody Technology and other departments within Symphogen and Servier to contribute to the timely delivery of project goals
- Leadership and collaboration with one allocated technician
The preferred candidate has solid experience within molecular biology and antibody drug discovery workflows and a keen interest in exploring novel antibody cloning procedures, workflows, and participation in the antibody selection process.
You have a Ph.D. degree in immunology, molecular biochemistry, or other related biological science combined with 2 years of Postdoc or Industry experience with antibody projects in drug discovery.
Furthermore, you have the following experience:
- Molecular biology experience with e.g., primer/vector design, subcloning and transient expression
- Science-driven and detail-oriented with proven ability to troubleshoot complex problems with diverse variables
- Experience working with NGS and/or Sanger DNA sequencing workflows and software (CLC or other)
- Experience applying and handling large data sets and making correlations
- Previous experience using single-cell sequencing (10x Genomics or other) is highly desirable
Symphogen offers a scientist position at the Antibody Center of Excellence with cutting-edge antibody technologies to help find the best leads, bring them into the clinic and finally improve the lives of cancer and autoimmune patients worldwide. The location has optimized labs and state-of-the-art equipment for antibody discovery and development including an animal facility. You will have passionate colleagues with lots of open dialogues, agility, empowerment, and fun.
Domicile: Ballerup, Copenhagen
You can apply directly via this link: https://uhc.dk/en/available-jobs/scientist/
For more details about the job or the company, please contact Unique Human Capital, CEO Jørn Duhn at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Client Manager Gert Vium Andersen at: email@example.com. All applications must be in English and are treated confidentially.
Symphogen is a subsidiary of Servier and antibody center of excellence primarily focused on oncology and immune oncology. We have a highly efficient antibody discovery and research platform supported by comprehensive early development capabilities.
Our antibody platform delivers antibodies with unique functionalities providing best or first in class potential as combination or mono therapy. Our approach and capabilities are well suited for combination therapies at the core of future cancer treatment.
Symphogen is located in Ballerup in the greater Copenhagen area. The company currently employs approximately 120 people