Symphogen has entered an exciting phase as the Antibody Center of Excellence in Servier with a continued focus on the discovery and early development of novel antibody-based therapeutic products for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory/autoimmune diseases. To help us on this mission, the Antibody Technology department has a unique new opening for a creative and motivated bioinformatic scientist to drive data analysis and pipeline development at Symphogen to facilitate the discovery and clinical-development of our next generation antibody-based drug candidates.
If the description caught your attention, please read further for more details on the role, minimum requirements and how to apply.
- Develop and implement bioinformatics strategies to enhance antibody discovery processes, including application of machine learning/generative intelligence
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate bioinformatics into the overall research and development roadmap
Data Analysis and Interpretation:
- Utilize advanced bioinformatics tools and techniques for the analysis of high-throughput sequencing data of antibody libraries
- Interpret complex biological data to provide insights into antibody function and target biology
- Design and implement novel algorithms for the analysis of antibody sequence data, structure-function relationships, and developability optimization
- Stay current with emerging bioinformatics methods and contribute to the development of proprietary tools
- Collaborate with bioinformaticians and other scientists from both Symphogen and Servier to integrate computational and experimental approaches
- Provide bioinformatics support and guidance to interdisciplinary teams working on antibody discovery projects
- Design, establish and maintain bioinformatics pipelines for the analysis of diverse antibody datasets
- Optimize existing pipelines for efficiency and scalability
- D. in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related field.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience from industry or academia
- Proven track record of successful contributions to antibody discovery projects.
- Proficiency in programming languages (e.g., Python, R)
- Expertise in next-generation sequencing analysis (NGS) and software for automated sequence annotation and developability assessment
- Experience with bioinformatics tools and databases, and working in high-performance computational environment
- Strong background in statistical analysis and machine learning applied to biological data
- Familiarity with other antibody formats like bispecific antibodies or fragments.
- Experience with synthetic antibody libraries (phage or yeast display)
- Knowledge of sample management registration
- A challenging and versatile position in an innovative, flexible, focused and committed scientific environment both locally at our facility in Ballerup but also globally at the Servier R&D headquarter in Paris.
- Significant opportunities to influence strategic decisions within field
- Competitive compensation package based on qualifications
Working in Symphogen
When being a part of Symphogen you will always have a challenging job in a creative, goal-oriented, value-based biotech environment with a meaningful mission. You will be a part of a highly engaged organization with a passion of bringing antibody-based therapies to patients.
You will have good development opportunities, in an organization that is inspiring and growing, with focus on diversity, teamwork, commitment and you as a person.
For further information
You are more than welcome to contact Nikolaj Dietrich, Associate Scientific Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or HR-Manager, Pia Holm Olesen on +45 45265050. Please also see www.symphogen.com for information about our company.
If you are interested in the position, please mark your application and CV “Senior/Principal Bioinformatic Scientist – Antibody Technology” and mail it to: email@example.com no later than March 15th, 2024. Potential candidates will be invited for interview as they apply, and we reserve the right to terminate before the posting expires.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Symphogen is a subsidiary of Servier and antibody center of excellence primarily focused on oncology and immune oncology. We have a highly efficient antibody discovery and research platform supported by comprehensive early development capabilities.
Our antibody platform delivers antibodies with unique functionalities providing best or first in class potential as combination or mono therapy. Our approach and capabilities are well suited for combination therapies at the core of future cancer treatment.
Symphogen is located in Ballerup in the greater Copenhagen area. The company currently employs approximately 150 people