The position as Upstream Scientist for Drug Substance development is a unique possibility to play an important role in the CMC development of our antibody products.
You will join the Drug Substance Development department currently consisting of 6 scientists and 5 technicians. They are dedicated to advancing the therapeutic candidates through pre-clinical and clinical development, and eventually into commercial readiness.
You will enter a role with possibility for a high degree of cross-functional collaboration both with your colleagues in Denmark and in France as well as external CMO’s.
Your main tasks are:
- Development of upstream processes for antibody expression suitable for GMP manufacturing
- Technical transfer to CMO’s and oversight of outsourced activities
- Contributing to improvement and optimization of our development platform
- Writing and keeping regulatory documentation up to date
- You have a relevant master’s degree within pharmaceuticals, biologics or similar
- You are experienced with development and optimization of upstream processes for antibody expression
- You can work independently, and you are a strong collaborator with a positive and enthusiastic mindset
Preferred Qualifications that offer an advantage
- Experience with risk-based process characterization/validation of biopharmaceutical products
- Experience with regulatory documentation
- Experience with outsourcing/CDMO collaborations
- Experience with using DoE in process development
Working for Symphogen will offer you
- A challenging and versatile job in an innovative, flexible, focused and committed biotech environment
- Strong cross functional teamwork, room for individual performance and development; as well as a great atmosphere with passionate, inspiring, and fun colleagues
- A workplace with focus on social bonding and on you as a person
For further information
For more information you are welcome to contact Ronni Glenn Refstrup Hansen, Team Manager of Drug Substance Development by phone: +45 5339 1615; or e-mail: email@example.com. Or HR-Manager, Pia Holm Olesen at +45 4526 5050. Please also see www.symphogen.com for information about our company.
If you are interested in the position, please mark your application and CV “Upstream Scientist, Drug Substance Development” and send it by mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 24th, 2021. Potential candidates will be invited for interview as they apply, and we reserve the right to terminate before the posting expires.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Symphogen is a subsidiary of Servier and antibody center of excellence primarily focused on oncology and immune oncology. We have a highly efficient antibody discovery and research platform supported by comprehensive early development capabilities.
Our antibody platform delivers antibodies with unique functionalities providing best or first in class potential as combination or mono therapy. Our approach and capabilities are well suited for combination therapies at the core of future cancer treatment.
Symphogen is located in Ballerup in the greater Copenhagen area. The company currently employs approximately 100 people