In the Analytics and Formulation department, we work with advancing our targets through lead selection and clinical development. As an Analytical scientist you will be part of the Analytical Support team focusing on testing of samples from across our research and development programs. This includes lead selection (early target screening to lead developability assessment incl. antigen characterization), drug substance process development, drug product process development, formulation development and stability. You will be responsible for advancing generic analytical methods into project specific methods ready for transfer to CMO as well as supporting the validation activities at external partners.
The analytical lab is equipped to cover all aspects of protein routine testing and characterization incl. UHPLCs, MS equipment, iCE3, CGE, MFI, CD, DSC, MALS etc., and we are seeking a versatile scientist with knowledge within the field of analytical testing of biologics.
The successful candidate is self-driven and highly motivated, can organize work and processes in a lean manner and is able to prioritize. Experience with analytical testing of biologics is a requirement, experience with capillary electrophoresis and biophysical characterization is an advantage. You will be working in a non-GMP environment, but knowledge about GMP is an advantage.
You will be part of a project-driven organization and an important member of the project team. You will work in cross-functional collaboration with colleagues from other departments to ensure development progress of Symphogen’s antibody lead candidates. In the Analytical Support team, we are currently 3 scientists and 4 technicians.
- Relevant education as cand.pharm., cand.scient., cand.polyt. or equivalent
- Experience with testing of biopharmaceuticals (HPLC, iCIEF, CGE, MFI, DSC, CD, MALS)
- Strong communication and language skills, written and verbal (English)
- Self-driven, highly motivated, team player with commitment, initiative and humor
- Good planning skills, well-organized and with good communication to stakeholders
- Experience with CMC development
- Experience with validation of analytical methods and collaboration with CMOs/CROs
- Experience with QC/GMP
- Experience with capillary electrophoresis
- Experience with biophysical characterization
- Knowledge within protein chemistry (structure-function, chemical modifications)
- A challenging and versatile job in an innovative, flexible, focused and committed
- biotech environment
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Compensation package including a personalized and company-wide bonus system,
- flexible working hours and an inspiring working environment
Working in Symphogen
When working in Symphogen you will have a challenging job in a project-driven and goal-oriented biotech environment with a patient-oriented meaningful mission. You will be a part of a highly engaged and dynamic organization with a passion for being the worldwide leading antibody company with a focus on cancer patients.
You will have good development opportunities, in an organization that is inspiring and creative, with focus on diversity, teamwork, commitment and you as a person.
For further information
For more information you are welcome to contact Mette Pinstrup Jensen, Director of Analytics and Formulation on +45 30100448 (email@example.com) or HR-Coordinator, Pia Holm Olesen at +45 45265050. Please also see www.symphogen.com for information about our company.
If you are interested in the position, please mark your application and CV “Analytical Scientist” and mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 16, 2020. Potential candidates will be invited for interview as they apply, and we reserve the right to terminate before the posting expires.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Symphogen is a subsidiary of Servier and antibody center of excellence primarily focused on oncology and immune oncology. We have a highly efficient antibody discovery and research platform supported by comprehensive early development capabilities.
Our antibody platform delivers antibodies with unique functionalities providing best or first in class potential as combination or mono therapy. Our approach and capabilities are well suited for combination therapies at the core of future cancer treatment.
Symphogen is located in Ballerup in the greater Copenhagen area. The company currently employs approximately 120 people